It’s funny though. I feel like so little has changed for me from the last major round of blogs. Sanaa’s in DC, Jill and AB are moving to Ireland, and Sara has a teaching job and moved out… Such fantastic major changes for you all! Still, I am quite happy with where I am right now:
1) Columbus is still treating me very well! I have moved into a new apartment. It’s on a quiet side street lined with trees, flowers (presumably, though the snow has prevented that), and pretty lampposts. My apartment is large and bright with a window in every room, and I have a much larger kitchen now! It’s great to have room to spread out while I cook and bake. Not to mention, I love my new chalkboard paint walls in the kitchen! It’s so fun to write and draw all over and design it however I want it. I also got to paint my bedroom and living room accent walls a relaxing spa blue color. There’s still boxes I need to unpack, but I am making progress with the end in sight!
2) My job at work is going well. I am constantly learning something new and even presented a poster at a local symposium hosted at Ohio State. My labs are churning out grants, papers, and projects in this winter submission season, and we are hopeful to get them back with positive results.
3) Mark is busy studying for his Step 1 exam, the first major board-type exam at the end of his second year. I only get to see him once or twice a week because of the intensity of his study schedule, but we are making the most of it. I am also sending him daily cute cat pictures. Every little bit helps, right? ;)
4) While everyone else has been traveling about in foreign lands, I’ve remained stateside without my passport… Until now! I now have a beautiful, shiny new passport in my possession, ready for my trip to England in the summer with my church choir! I am thrilled to be going to sing in Lincoln Cathedral with my church friends and touring around England. ALL the accents!!
5) A bit closer to home, I have tickets for the upcoming NCAA men’s basketball tournament! One week from tomorrow, I will know which teams I have the opportunity to see… I’m planning on doing some last minute team choosing and buying team shirts for the occasion! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!! I can’t remember a time when I didn’t watch college basketball, so this is going to be very special for me and my mom. Needless to say, I’ve been watching as much basketball as possible in my free time… not that I wouldn’t be. ;)
I’ll close with the typical reminder that we “winter” forward tomorrow, sadly losing an hour of sleep, but gaining more sunlight in our typical daytime hours. I’m sure we all want spring to come soon!!! I'm looking forward to the beautiful Easter flowers...
PS- Of course I’m going to continue my song of the week! Here’s one of my favorite songs from the Divergent soundtrack. (By the way, has anyone else seen the movie? Opinions? I loved pretty much everything related to Dauntless…)
“Beating Heart” – Ellie Goulding