1) Choir rehearsals! Lots of ‘em! I’m practicing every day to get ready for England and to build up my vocal stamina. We’re doing 8 different services over the course of 6 days, with 3 on the last Sunday there. We have practice twice a week, and we are giving a final “Farewell” concert the Sunday before we leave. It’s a good thing I love to sing!
2) ENGLAND! I’m getting quite excited to travel across the pond. :D It should make for a great summer vacation. Our main stops will be Cambridge, Lincoln, and York. York is the one that I may be the most excited about. I had a friend from church show me pictures of the cathedral there, and oh my goodness it’s GORGEOUS. :D
3) Moving! I have secured an apartment outside of DC in VA and am working on organizing movers (not paying for them = Amazing). Besides that, I’ve got an idea of what renters insurance to buy, what cable service to contact, and the dates I’m moving. Things should settle more in the next week or so.
4) Furniture…. I BOUGHT A COUCH! I FEEL SO GROWN UP! ;) Granted, I bought it now, so I have to move it, but it should be worth it (got it on sale on Wayfair). <--- Look! Pretty (and formal, but why can’t a 22yo own a pretty/formal/comfy couch? :)
5) Work! I have about a week and a half left of work, but nothing is slowing yet. We’re having a visiting postdoc come and do some work in our lab this week, and I’m hosting her in my apartment. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. She seems nice :)
That’s the quick update… I’ve got to go start cleaning, lol. Love you guys! Have a great week!
PS- I ordered the Hank Green Cover Album in the 2014 P4A and just got it a couple days ago… This is on it, and it is fantasticly Hank, especially the rap part. Plus, he covers “Wrecking Ball,” and it’s hilarious. As soon as someone puts it up on YouTube, I’ll share. :)
“Shake It Off” – Hank Green