This last week has been hectic in its own way. I had a work collaborator fly into town and stay with me in my apartment. We had a very productive week at work, hopefully turning out a few papers within the next few months. I wish I could contribute more to them- I’m excited to see how they turn out! Plus, I’ve made a new friend. She was very sweet, and I am glad we got to spend a lot of time together.
Thankfully, it appears that I am not the world’s worst hostess, as I did not pass on the terrible viral sickness I am still suffering from to my visitor! However, being sick this full week has not been a pleasant experience- especially with long practices for England. I lost my voice completely on Wednesday, but praise God that it has recovered enough for me to sing at our last concert tomorrow. I am super excited and hope that everything goes smoothly tomorrow! As long as I have a voice that stays in tune and on pitch, I’m happy. :)
After tomorrow, things turn into a blur of packing, traveling, touring, singing, more traveling, packing, moving, unpacking, and working. Prayers and encouragement notes are much appreciated over the next 3 weeks! Going into this, I’ve had a few personal thoughts and goals:
- I want to be open to growth as a person- to not be afraid to try new things, to meet new people, to strive for new goals and to dream new dreams I’ve never thought possible. I want to be open to change- and actually do it.
- Still with that, I want to remain firmly grounded as me. There’s a quote out there that says that you can be a good version of other people, but you can only be the best at being you. I want to be the best me that I can be.
- I want to continue to be strong in my faith and continue to grow into a deeper knowledge of God. I pray that my future will include a wonderful church family that leads us together into a greater love for God.
- I want to continue the close relationships that I have made over the last 8 years. I want to keep being a close friend of you guys, reach back out to my UK friends, continue keeping in touch with my Vandy friends, further my Columbus relationships, and be open to new friends in DC. I love all of you dearly, and I don’t ever see my life without you all in it.
- Lastly, and somewhat controversially, I don’t want to lose my faith in people. I know this partially comes from me being an optimist, but I do truly believe that we need to see the good in others. Yes, people are human, and we all fail miserably at times, and we hurt those around us purposefully and unknowingly. Even through all of that, past the lies, deceit, pain, and ugliness… There must be something good. Why? Because God originally created us to do his work, and he saw that it was good.
I love that good, and I am excited to work toward that good in Washington, D.C.
Here’s to the next 3 weeks- May they be as wonderful for you as they will be for me.
With much love,
NeedToBreathe – “Feet, Don’t Fail Me Now”