So, I know I didn't post on Sunday--but here's my blog. It's just a little late.
I was babysitting the whole weekend because John and Lori took a mini vacation for their 10th wedding aniversary. I had to sit on Daphene's bed as she held my hand so she could fall asleep. I would have been a lot cuter if I hadn't been so tired.
Anyway, as I told Jill and Anna Beth when they visited, I came up with a list of how to spot a tourist:
1) They wear comfortable clothing
Including, but not limited to, khaki shorts, sneakers, ball caps, regular t-shirts, and funny hats
2) if they are in a group, they could be wearing matching t-shirts
3) If in a large could they could be following a guide who had a tiny flag
4) If a large group is waiting for a tour bus
5) Tourist are most likely to be traveling ad a couple or family
6) They also wait for the crosswalk light to change
7) They have a fancy camera
8) Speaking of cameras, they are the ones taking pictures of random buildings and posing for any picture
9) They have their arm (fully) outstretched and pointing while arguing amongst themselves about which direction to go
10) They have no idea how annoying it is when they stop in the middle of the sidewalk in order to check their phone or to look at something
11) If they have a backpack they are probably a tourist; if it's on backwards they are definitely one
12) They are the ones who buy pretzels from the gross food trucks
13) They gather around the sketchy sidewalk sales that you know are selling fake Coach bags
14) They make eye contact with the sidewalk people who try to sell you tickets for a tour bus or other tourist related activity
15) The most annoying thing that tourists do is spread their family side by side on the sidewalk while taking up all the walking space and walk at an agonizingly slow pace
So, this is just what I think about when I walking to/from the subway and when I'm running errands.
When I told this idea to John, he commented that it should be a form of punishment to drink a gallon of iced tea and have to walk behind tourists