9. Vanderbilt is in the CWS again! We want to be national champs for 2 years in a row… Here we come!!
8. More sports! I am enjoying rooting for American Pharaoh winning the Triple Crown, Team USA in Women’s FIFA, Vandy in CWS baseball, and my hometown Columbus Clippers! I went to a Clippers game, and we won, bottom of the ninth after being down 5-4, Jerry hit one off the backboard to clinch it 6-5 over the Louisville Bats. Plus, it was “Dime a Dog” day. 5 hotdogs for 0.50? Please and Thank You!
7. Weddings! I loved being a bridesmaid in my friend Katya’s wedding in PA last weekend (That was why I didn’t blog this week/last one- my mom was visiting to watch Chester). It was wonderful being reunited with her and her new husband Jay, and I am looking forward to continuing my friendship with both of them. They’re so sweet and loving and kind to each other. I didn’t cry during the ceremony, but I cried tons when Katya danced with her dad to “Beauty and the Beast” during the reception (totally stealing that). Also, I carried a book-quet down the aisle (stealing this idea too): each of the bridesmaids got a fancy hardcover book with a flower and ribbon tied to the front, and we carried them instead of bouquets of flowers (I have Selected Plays of Shakespeare). Weddings are the best.
6. Sleeping in on Saturdays and reading until my stomach forces me to get up and get breakfast and then going back to read more. :)
5. Singing with my choir! We’re prepping for England now, and rehearsals are intense. As in, we have a rehearsal list of 10-15 different pieces that we go over each rehearsal, and I have 29 different pieces of music in my possession that I am going over in my free time outside of rehearsals too. Some of those pieces have multiple selections, so really, it’s like we’re singing closer to 40 different anthems. This includes 3 different “Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis” settings, Howell’s “Te Deum and Jubilate”, a 59-page Byrd Mass, and the beautiful Bach “Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden”. All of this is for England! It is so much fun!!! :D
4. My new camera! I took AB’s (and Jill’s- do you have it too?) advice and bought the Canon PowerShot Ellph 300HS in black. It’s older, but I couldn’t find a newer one that matched it… and I certainly couldn’t beat the price! I really love the thinness of it, and I bought it used without a scratch on it, so it’s really like it’s new. It has such great shots and video! I am definitely looking forward to using it in England.
3. Friends! I am really thankful for you guys and your support and silliness and laughter and adventures! My Columbus friends are super nice to me, Mark is a great boyfriend, my closest college friends still keep in touch, and just having friends makes me happy! I didn’t have a lot of close friends before high school, so knowing that there are people who are supporting me and loving me makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world.
2. Columbus! I really love living in a city with bike trails and summer festivals almost every weekend (it’s the river-side Downtown Art Festival this weekend!). Plus, I’m happy with myself and who I am. I’ve achieved what I didn’t think was possible or likely 1.5 years ago in BG: living by myself in a new city with a stable job and being an adult and thriving happily. Thanks be to God who made all of this possible!!!
1. I’m moving to DC! It’s official (though I’m keeping it on the DL for a while). New job (I won’t be writing about it on here), new city, new apartment, new furniture, new adventures, new friends (and old ones!)… A dream I’ve had for several years is finally coming true. I just found out for sure yesterday and am super excited and happy and thrilled beyond my wildest imagination. August. This girl is heading to the Nation’s Capital!
The Mountain Goats- “This Year”