1. It's Darcy Day!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who watch The Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube, you've probably already seen this morning's episode. And if you haven't, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!??!?!
If you don't watch the web series at all, you definitely should. It's a modern adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Hank Green is behind it, so naturally it's brilliant. The acting is really good, too. Ashley Clements (who plays Lizzie) is seriously SO good! I just keep watching her facial expressions; she's really compelling to watch. And I loved her reaction at the end of today's episode, after she said the thing about the things. You know.
And the guy who plays DARCY!!! *Spoilers ahead, but not really spoilers...but spoilers*
My analysis of Darcy's first appearance: He's so formal! He's really rigid and stiff and not modern, in my opinion. It's like they lifted him straight out of the book, gave him suspenders, and took away his British accent. It was just weird to see him like that, because all of the other characters are modern updates of the original characters. Like they changed Lydia a lot, and Charlotte. But Darcy is still very...Darcy. And that's good, but I wanted him to be a little more unexpected.
As to his appearance: He's cute. Not exactly how I pictured him. I kinda wanted him to wear hipster glasses, honestly. lol. But I definitely think he's cute enough. And I started following the actor who plays him on Twitter. His tweets are really funny, and I think he's pretty adorable. Example: "I feel too much like a monkey when I eat a banana, don't you guys? It's embarrassing." This is our Darcy, ladies and gentlemen.
As for the episode itself, I really liked how similar it was to the book/other adaptations. It was slightly modernized, but still really faithful to the book, so I think it was a good move on the part of the writers. I could almost say Lizzie's lines along with her because it was so similar, but I think that's what a lot of the audience wanted. Also, you know how they adapted the whole Collins/Charlotte proposal thing? I love that they did it as a business proposal, and I'm glad Darcy didn't propose marriage to Lizzie, either. But it made me really happy that they didn't tone it down too much. You guys, he literally said, "I'm in love with you." !!!!!!!!! Thank you, writers! It wasn't, "Would you like to go to dinner with me?" It wasn't, "I really like you." IT. WAS. I. AM. IN. LOVE. WITH. YOU. So, Hank Green, Bernie Su, other writers, thank you for making a modern adaptation of a classic love story and making it just as meaningful as the original. Thank you for allowing something to be modern and still have characters that say real things like "I'm in love with you." Thank you for believing in romance even today.
Okay, that's my big, happy rant about LBD. Watch it if you haven't!
2. It's November 1st! We all know what that means, right??? NO SHAVE NOVEMBER! I don't have to shave my legs ever again! Yaaaay!!!!
...No, that's not it. It's NaNoWriMo: National Novel Writing Month, in which everyone should attempt to write a novel in a month. Come on, do it! It'll be fun! I know you all have cool ideas, so write them down, why don't you? It doesn't have to be good; I mean, you're trying to do this in a month. You can revise it later, though. Just write SOMETHING! Here, have a pep talk. Kristina Horner will tell you that you have no excuses not to do it. :)
I have an idea that I'm really excited about writing (thanks to Jill and Sara who really, really helped me figure it out), and even though this is my busiest semester ever, I'm going to try to write a little bit every day. That won't necessarily happen, but I did say try.
3. I won Question Tuesday! I've been Sara's favorite question asker 12 times, and that means I get to answer the questions next week. So PLEASE leave questions for me in the comments. You can ask me anything at all, from the personal to the hypothetical. Come on, be inquisitive. I'll even pick a favorite, so ask some good ones! I'd prefer it if you ask them in the comments of today's blog, but if you asked some on Sara's blog from Tuesday, I'll answer those, too.
4. This weekend is Jill's camping birthday extravaganza! I'm super excited because I've never been properly camping before. The only time I've slept outside in a tent was in my yard, so I don't think that counts.
5. Back in time now: last night was Halloween, and it was fun. I dressed up as a hobbit and went to WalMart like that. :) And my mommy sent yummy treats for us! Thanks, Momma. :D
6. It's the day after Halloween. That means it's officially Thanksgiving season!...Esta' Dia de los Muertos en Mexico tambien, verdad? I miss Mrs. Martin's skull pops...hmm...I should go visit. As if I don't have enough candy. ;)
7. Oh, and I'm sure you've heard by now, but Disney bought Lucasfilm, and there are going to be three more Star Wars movies. What do we think of this, fellow nerds? Keep in mind, Disney owns The Avengers, and that was pretty great. Plus, it's Disney. They're basically awesome a lot of the time. Still, three more Star Wars? I'm a little skeptical. Yes, it was originally supposed to be 9 movies...or 12...? But it's been a while. So let me know what you guys think.
8. Election Day is coming up! America decides...and I start official filming on my short film for class. Wish me luck. But more importantly, get out there and VOTE!
I guess I ought to end it here. I have to leave for class in about ten minutes and I'm still in my pajamas. Oops. I've done nothing useful today...Oh well.