On a more depressing note, this past week has been absolutely terrible, and I apologize for my lack of a real blog post last week. It’s honestly felt as if the world decided to throw the wildest, most annoying and terrible things at me, all within the span of about 5 days. Thankfully, the worst is over now, and moving in Tuesday will be my last stressful thing for a while, I hope. J
Here’s the quick run-down of everything insane, crazy, annoying, and just plain depressing that’s happened this week:
- Last Saturday I had a major fight with my sister and a small fight with my mom. Things have since resolved, but it was still pretty hard to go through. Things are a lot better now, praise God, but some things unfortunately I don’t see changing.
- Tuesday morning I woke up and noticed a large red bump on my arm, and I had a very itchy back. I didn’t really think about it more than “Hmmm…” until that night when I was lying in bed and became very itchy again. I then realized that I hadn’t been outside for it to be a mosquito bite and, after talking with my mom, we thought that my dorm bed likely had bed bugs. So, at about 10:15 at night, I packed all of my stuff from the dorm apartment and moved it over to another building, where I woke up my new roommate (oops, but it’s better than waking up to someone in your apartment) and had to be completely out of my old room by midnight. Yeah. So much fun. It took until about 12:30am, at which point I didn’t unpack and instead fell asleep. The episode also caused me to fall behind on my online course homework. :( Plus, I have to take all of the necessary bed bug precautions and may need to trash my nice comforter and sheets :(
- Tuesday afternoon at work I also had to give a demo of the program I’ve been working on. While it’s completely functional, it’s WAY too slow. :( So the next three weeks I am dedicated to making it run faster! It was a big disappointment to see it run so slow, though, but I will work to the best of my ability to improve it!
- Wednesday morning I woke up at 7am, unpacked a little, then headed over to the student clinic to be seen. Instead, they couldn’t see me at that time, and I went back later in the day. It’s since been determined it was likely a spider bite, hopefully not poisonous, but it still hasn’t gone away or decreased in size, so it’s still possible it was bed bugs. Also of note: my roommate is ignoring me. I tried being friendly the first day and worked out in the living room in case she wanted to talk, but after a minute of small talk after her work, she retreated to her bedroom. I haven’t seen or heard her since.
- I didn’t get much sleep Wednesday night because I woke up several times with a severe pain and pressure in my right ear. I knew I irritated it Monday afternoon with my headphones, but I didn’t think it would evolve to something so painful. I went to the clinic again early Thursday morning, and the nurse said I had a giant white head taking up half of the inside of my ear. Seriously?! I didn’t even know you could get acne in your ear. That night I had to apply a hot towel, and it kind of popped, but it didn’t really go away until this morning. It’s still kind of there, so hopefully it’s going away.
- I also found out Thursday that my ears have crazy amounts of wax in them, so after my right ear heals, I'm supposed to go back and make 2 days worth of appointments at the clinic for them to clean them. Yuck.
- Thursday afternoon I had an interview for an IT security internship that would be for during the school year. It went fairly well, thank goodness, but the entire time I was just hoping that the pain in my ear would go away.
- Thursday night I had to study for my final in my logic class… at 8am Friday morning. Sigh. I didn’t get to study as much as I wanted because at about 10:30pm that night I developed a major migraine- the kind that you can’t ignore. So I looked for my pain medicine, only to realize that I didn’t have it… and accidentally left it in my other dorm room. I had to choice but to finish my studying quickly (until about 1am) and go to bed, hoping it would go away by the next morning for my final. It didn’t, and I ended up taking my final with the headache, which didn’t go away until 2pm Friday.
So yeah. It’s kind of felt like the world’s been out to get me, especially when you consider during the entire week I was frantically trying to arrange a decision and order renters insurance and internet, as well as make final preparations for moving into my apartment Tuesday. Tuesday night I’ll (hopefully) be able to breathe easier. (fingers crossed!)
Despite all of the crazy mess that happened above, there were still a few good things that happened :)
- Mark and I were able to chat Thursday night! (Yes, when I should have been studying, but I still got the studying done, and the final was fine…) We had to arrange for a special time for us to talk, since when I’m awake, he’s usually sleeping- Bangladesh is 11 hours ahead of Central time. Still, he was willing to wake up at 7am to chat with me on Facebook, despite him having a limited amount of data usage and it being 7am! (Apparently though he couldn’t sleep well that night because he kept waking up and hoping it was 7am. Isn’t he so sweet?! *blushes* ) It was absolutely wonderful to talk with him… I really miss him and am excited to see him in a few weeks, but God is doing amazing work through him in Bangladesh. =D
- My final went well. I’m pretty confident I’ve (for once!) gotten a high A in the class. =D
- I’m almost ready to move into my apartment!!!!!! =D =D =D
- My mom was wonderful throughout my terrible week- she was always willing to listen to me on the phone and always tried to cheer me up. I love her so much! :)
- I MADE IT THROUGH THE WEEK! Honestly, Friday night was wonderful because I essentially just went home, ordered Comcast internet and the renters insurance, and went to sleep.
I think that about covers my week. As you can tell, it’s been absolutely crazy, and the strangest things happened, but God helped me through it all. Actually, it was really wonderful for me to just step back at certain points in the madness and just thank God for the good things in my life and ask his help for the things I couldn’t control.
As for now, I am ready to collapse into sleep again, but I think I’ll go finish my new headboard for my apartment since tomorrow I’ll be busy mattress shopping. Happy Father’s Day tomorrow to all of your fathers- and mine too!
Lastly, for some reason, I’ve been drawn to a lot of music by Pink this week… As I was listening, I was surprised to realize that I actually know a lot more of her music than I thought I did- I didn’t know she’s had so many hits! Here’s one of her singles that you may not have heard… It’s pretty catchy, and it kind of captures a lot of what you think about when you like someone and even though you probably shouldn’t, you just can’t stop liking them, and you wish something would happen... all the while going absolutely crazy! XD Enjoy!
Here’s to a better week and hopes that you all had a much better week than I did! :)
Pink- “It’s All Your Fault”